View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2011, 11:29 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhikl View Post
[B]
Now think of a mouse and its size. They are easily contained in wire hatches in the garage and all the wife has to do is toss them some grain and keep their water bottles filled. Their droppings fall through the wire floor and make great fertilizer for the petunias.
I find this particular statement a tad bit condescending and insulting. I really feel if you are going to be making posts such as this you should find out what group of folks are going to be reading it. It may surprise you to find a large majority of our active members are female. I would say probably 90/10 ratio if not slightly more. So how about "the husband" seeing as he was the one who came up with the idea, toss these little mice or hamsters or rabbits or cows or whatever other animal you would like to have your dog hunt, some grain and keep their water bottles filled.
Really, the barf diet is about taking the time to make sure our pets get fed the best diet possible. The whole idea of it is so we are involved in our pets dietary needs. And realistically, how many of us have a spare "killing room"? I personally would not want to sit down and eat or watch TV or sleep in a room where I know my dog has just a short time before hunted and (hopefully) eaten all of whatever prey I have decided to feed that day.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!