Thread: Designer Breeds
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2005, 12:40 PM

Angry

I emailed the person yesterday about the westie poo on hobly.com for $1200 and asked why the pup was so much and why she was advertising the pup as RARE??? I asked if the parents were champions or titled or were offering great breed traits to their offspring etc. She wrote back that no the parents are not titled or registered. The dad is a westiepoo and the mom is a full blooded westie. She says they are rare because she looked and there were no others for sale and you dont see them. She was insulted by my email but wanted to clear things up because I accused her of false advertising. To me a mutt is not rare, it is a crossbreed. If the dog were $250 or even $300 that would be understandable, but $1200 WHO IS SHE KIDDING! I wish people would just wake up and realize these people are ripping them off with lies and false promises. Sure the dogs that come out of these situations are loyal and loving but the people that breed them are not. I am not speaking for the ones that bred for the blind that had allergies, my dad is a director with the CNIB and they have lots of goldiepoos and larbradoodles working for them and they are awesome, but they were bred for a purpose not for a fad. Sorry for the rant, I am just venting after getting that email, I didnt even reply i was so angerd.