Just curious about something, although members can have their own personal blogs through our forum Pets.ca, Pets.ca also has its own blog
(the blue link in the main navbar that says pet blog)
Are there any members that would like to become featured writers and write small blog posts (anywhere from about 200 words to 800 words) for the main Pets.ca blog?
Here's the skinny!
- Interested people need to have good writing skills. We're not looking for the next Hemmigway or anything but interested people should be able to write proper paragraphs and have a decent (perfection not expected) command of spelling and grammar.
- We'd like people to write on a specific topic (ie cat food, dog food, dog or cat grooming, cat or dog behaviour, personal familiarity with a well known dog or cat disease etc.)
- The frequency of the posts can be discussed but we'd like it to be regular. (perhaps once a week?)
- In exchange for these posts we can offer a byline and links to your own pet business or pet charity. We'll likely promote interested people in other ways as well when possible.
- We are aware that members may not be 'official experts' in an area that they may consider writing. We have no problem with that at all and might use a standard disclaimer telling people exactly that. Basically we are interested in people sharing the knowledge they have gained in layman's terms, not professional vetspeak.
- Interested members 'should' have more than 50 posts.
Is this interesting to anyone? If so feel free to PM me or ask additional questions in this thread.
Please feel free to pass this on to any members that you think might be interested.
many thanks in advance,