View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I have a 16.5 yr old golden so I completely understand your despair at watching her age.

I would definitely suggest taking her to a vet and at the very least having a wellness/senior blood panel done, especially if she has never had one. This will provide the vet with wealth of information in helping you decide what course of action to take. We also started Ginger on cartrophen injecions in June and they do seem to help with the hips and she is on glucosamine/MSM/chlondroitin supplements and tramadol. We tried deramaxx and metacam but she did not react well to them.

I don't know why you would hesitate to take her to a vet with or without suggestions from the board. We are not vets and all dogs are different. I would not hesitate to do anything I had to to make Ginger comfortable at this point of her life. I hope you will do the same. Please share with us what the vet suggests. Good luck!!! (oh, and we like pictures here too!!!!)

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!