View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
14+ kitties has a real good website for introducing kitties, hopefully she will come back and post it .
Ok, ok, I'm back with the website.
http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management
This is a site I wish I had read at the start of my journey. The woman has dealt with a number of kitties and knows what she talks about. Trial and error teaches you a lot. Unfortunately most times to the detriment of the cats.

Thanks for considering another kitty. You are an . Are you considering one or both of the kitties? There are so many homeless kitties in the world.
At this point with your kitty being 6 months and the ones at the vets being 3 months there really isn't a great deal of age difference between them. A 3 month old kitty can set an older one straight pretty quickly if they get too rough. I currently have one that is around 4 months and has been with older, much bigger ones since he was brought to me at about 5 weeks old. He puts them in their place on a regular basis if they get too rough. They do the same with him. Most times we find him snuggled up sound asleep with one or more of the older ones.
Male/female does not really enter into it a huge amount either in my estimation..... as long as they are all s/n and younger than a year that is. I have had lots of kittens introduced to others and find the first day or two is the worse. Lots of hisses, swats and general posturing. After that they accept there is a new one around and most times there are no issues.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!