View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:11 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Wouldn't it be nice if vets could agree on one disease? How heartbreaking this is for you. From what I just read about meningitis dogs may have to stay on the steroids for up to six months. In some cases low dosages for life! But if it will keep Nookie with you and give him good quality of life it is worth it.
If it's any consolation to you my Keesha (toy poodle) has been having seizures since she turned a year old. Sometimes she would have as many as four or five a week (rarely). Other times she would have one and not have another for four or five months. The older she gets the less frequent they are. She is now 16. Her seizures are food and stress related. Over the years I watch what she eats. Beef is the worse. She can have a tiny amount but if she has too much she has a seizure. Turkey and chicken do the same to her. No tests could be done to determine why these foods set her off. Nothing came back as her being allergic to anything. Maybe just a little too much protein?
The stress is harder to control as sometimes just someone new coming into the house would set her off.
Stay strong. I know it's hard. We are here for you and sending lots of for the Nookie monster.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!