View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinsHope View Post
t it's not for everyone or every animal. Just do your research, know your pups health and make your own decisions.

Sorry! There is absolutely nothing further from the truth. Raw meat is entirely species appropriate.

You are completely entitled to your own opinion, just as I am.

And there is proof that these parasites do come from raw meat

I've never heard of a dog die from a raw diet, other than one choking on cooked chicken bones.

Then you haven't looked. Many dogs have died from N. caninum which comes from raw meat (that was only recently discovered). Our puppy was one of the lucky who survived, though it has cost us just about $12,000 in vet care/medications/hospitalization/treatments. So when you say all dogs can benefit, you're wrong. One with a compromised immune system, such as ours, is at great risk no matter the level of care given when feeding raw.

If you don't want to feed raw to your dog, that's quite fine, but it's not fine to spew fear into newbies based on information put out there by people supported by the commercial manufacturers.

As I stated, more than once, I am not anti-raw. But people need to make informed choices and make sure there are no underlying health problems. I didn't attack you or your choices/opinions, or anyone elses. So please, show the same respect. Also, the information I have is not "put out there by people supported by the commercial manufacturers." as you put it. I have many articles and case studies completed by experts in the filed of parasitic diseases etc. that have nothing to do with animal nutrition and do not even mention food in any way, shape or form. They are not self serving at all. They just provide information and people need to take that information and make their choices. Whether you feel it is right or wrong, means nothing. It's individual.

Ok, let me just say when I first responded to this post I didn't even look at the category. Had I done so I probably would not have responded because raw is not my passion or area of expertise in any way. But I still feel people should make informed choices. I'm not going to fight and argue. I know what information I have, and as far as my baby is concerned, it's enough to keep me away from raw. Cassiek, I do have a few case studies and articles. I will pm you the links

MerlinsHope, you can respond if you like, but I won't sit here and argue the matter with you. In fact, I'll just browse my normal places and won't be responding here again. Have a great day

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012