View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:00 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
In the defense of the shelter, most cats do get over this with meds. Animals are like people, some get over illnesses faster than others. I do not understand why people cannot remember that animals are as individual as we are and no one can make guarantees for ourselves let alone an animal. I am certain that the shelter staff are doing the best they can so do not take anything as being cheated. I am certain you were not as they were providing you with information based on experience. Your case may be different but in general they are correct with their statement if in fact it is rhino.
Very well said BM. Most shelters do the best they can to keep them clean and sterilized. But with a large number of cats coming and going it is very difficult to control Rhino or any other disease.
This cat has already been in a stressful situation. Having a litter, probably having that litter taken away earlier than it should have been, being turned in at (or picked up and taken to) a shelter, being fixed, etc. all lead to stress in cats. They all react differently to stress. My girl Naddy has just been through the same thing. It took her a long time to heal. She was on Claveseptin for two weeks before she could be spayed as she was so sick at the time. Now she is on a course of homeopathics and is doing well.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!