View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful_lie View Post
Hey hun, remember just because someone thinks it's wrong doesn't mean it is. (Perhaps not, but if MANY, MANY countries, organizations, and individuals deem something to be an issue; should it not be taken into consideration why that many people would be against it? There must be a reason) We all have our beliefs, perspectives and schedules. If it were illegal, it wouldn't be happening. Sorry, but are you serious? How many things are ILLEGAL and still happen i.e. it is illegal to murder someone, rape someone, posess certain drugs etc. and yet it still happens does NOT make it right) I'm not saying go right ahead and do it.. (Well, not directly but essentially you are) you never know, your cat might hardly scratch. Really odd thing, my first cat, half siamese and tabby, has never scratched up any furniture at all; opposed to my newer russian blue cat, if i leave him alone in the house he'll tear everything apart like chords and sofa, etc. He's the menace so I got his claws removed (just the front ones) because I had to. No, you didn't have to, but it made things more conveinant to you) You're not a bad person if you do, just make sure it's necessary, (Ex. "necessary" as in there is an EXTREME and medical reason for having them removed) but anyway I'm not here to change your mind.. if it's set then go be you!

But I do ask that if it is a kitten then... don't just get it declawed right away.. wait to see it's personality like I said, my first cat is more the cute ****s on the floor kinda cat LOL and my younger one is the affectionate scratcher. Just remember your cat might not even have a scratching problem, so it might be an unecessary action to take!
I don't know much about cats, declawing, and scratching, but some of your points make no sense to me. To me any "cosmetic surgery" on our companions is completely unnecessary. I would advise anyone considering to have these done on their pets, to volunteer at a vet clinic and try to witness one such surgery if possible and see if they still want to go ahead with it after.

Please be careful what you advice you give to others and because this is the internet and words may be taken out of context, please make sure you are 110% clear what you meant.

This original thread is years old. Let's put it to rest.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama