View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
It is not our job on Pets to tell people to kill their pets. If you would like to discuss more on this please lets do it through PMs, not in open forum. I do not believe this is all one sided on the cat's side. I believe there is something deeper here. We do not know the whole history and can not make decisions like that based on one post. I believe once the cat is fixed and if an effort is made to introduce the cat and dog in the proper way, with intervention if there is any sign of a fight, then eventually this story can have a happy ending. No one said owning pets was always a bed of roses. Occasionally we have to work to fix something in order to make the situation work.

I must say this sounds all too familiar to me. I sincerely hope it does not end up the same way as a thread about a year and a half ago went. Surprisingly, or maybe not, the advice given was the same. Mmm, makes you think..........
I could not agree with this more. If once the cat is neutered, and a genuine effort is made to try to remedy the situation, and a complete and thorough vet check is completed to rule out any health issues, and his behaviour shows zero sign of improvement, he should be re-homed. catlover2, this cat may be totally different in a new home. He may not, but I think he deserves that opportunity. If he is PTS, this cat has no chance whatsoever.

Unfortunately, our fur friends do not come perfect, and sometimes it can take a lot of patience, time, and energy to make it work. But, we choose these animals, they do not choose us, and we owe it to them to try everything we can. It's not always easy.

This situation really disturbs me. Deeve, if you are at the point of even considering euthanizing this cat, please PM me first. This whole scenario really upsets me, and I can not stand to see this cat PTS. I hope it doesn't come to this, but I work with a humane society in Lethbridge, and would happily work with you to arrange transport etc. to get that cat here somehow and find a loving home for him. If that can't be done, I'm sure many of us at Pets here can find a way to put you in touch with a local rescue group that can help you.

Please keep us posted how his neuter goes.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama