Hey, took so long to get on here again! After the site went down for a few days, my laptop stopped working!
So, I have an update.....although its not a good one
When I took him (who actually turned out to be a Merlin....how I got them confused..I don't know!) to the vet collage it turns out that both his left wing and leg were broken.
Since both were broken, it would be too stressful for the bird to try and rehabilitate him
So he was humanely euthanized.
The guy from the vet college got the paperwork in order to sign the bird back over to me and I got a permit the wildilfe department and now I'm getting him mounted.
I really wanted to see him get better and go back to the wild.....but atleast he didn't have to die on the side of the road.