View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Coming to a complete stop on a highway is illegal in Quebec. The investigation found that there was no tailgating nor speeding...a young inexperienced driver went from 100km+ to a sudden and complete stop on a major highway.

Then to me it is tailgating. If you can't come to a stop safely should the person in front of you slam on their brakes, then you are too close, period. If the driver of the motorcycle was indeed driving at a safe distance, was he not paying attention to the road or temporarily distracted?

Like happycats stated, what if it was a moose??? Or a human??? Or your brakes or your transmission seize??? Or a large piece of garbage a tire??? It would be interesting to find out what happens, because I think any good lawyer will be able to fight this charge. Many people are killed from hitting wildlife on the road.

Hmmmmm, wonder if they charged the driver who slammed into the 6 cyclists, killing three of them.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey

Last edited by Love4himies; July 7th, 2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added: "not" paying attention to