View Single Post
  #19  
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Morbo Morbo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Toxicity buildup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy View Post
Onion is toxic to dogs - I can't believe a dog food manufacturer put that in it's ingredients. The toxin has a cumulative effect, so over time the dog would be slowly being poisoned. That would be my only concern about this food - other than the fact that the website doesn't list anything as ingredients past the vegetable gum (which is used to bind the ingredients).
Kandy; Could you please tell me where you heard or read about "The toxin has a cumulative effect, so over time the dog would be slowly being poisoned."?

I suggest you do a little light reading on the subject. The main way to treat a dog that has eaten onions, let them be, give them a day or two and all will be fine. WHY? Because the dogs body will naturally clean out the toxins, and they do so at a rate that far exceeds the amount of onion in this product. There is no cumulative effect at minute levels.
Reply With Quote