View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Live well, laugh often

Awww Molly . She really looks like a lanky teenager these days but still beautiful.

Also, saw this recently as a post from Patricia McConnell (famous behaviourist) ....
A note of caution about laser pointers: Behaviorists like me spend an inordinate amount of time working with people whose dogs have become compulsive about laser pointers… and then lights shining through the window, and then rays of sunlight or reflections off of a shiny surface. I had one client whose dog became dysfunctional, staring for hours at the wall waiting for a light to appear. Of course, we don’t see the examples of all the dogs who have no problems with laser pointers, so we see a skewed sample. However, I’ve seen enough trouble to be very very cautious about them

and also in that post was a suggestion from someone who used the laser pointer toy to always have the same end to the game (ie shine the toy on your foot and say "all gone" etc) so the dog learns the light goes away.