View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

[QUOTE=BenMax;929789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
I feel very bad for the dogs that will be affected by this ruling because I love dogs.
QUOTE]

Interesting statement only because we as Canadians do horrible things to our own dogs. Take a look at the dogs at Mile 26. Look at our shelters and pounds that are packed with animals dogs and cats that are going to be killed. Look at the petstores filled to the rafters and our government here in Canada do absolutely nothing to stop this sickness. And why...because it boils down to money, which is just flippen SICK.

What are Canadians doing to stop our own shortcomings? Why are we worried about those animals in another country when we cannot even preach to our own people.
It's a very solid point BM. In the end it comes down to education and I'm not at all convinced we can do anything to get religious Iranians to accept our point of view over the Cleric's.

I realize that any injustice to beloved dogs worldwide hurts the many pet lovers that visit our board....but really what can we practically do to help out Iranian dogs?

It's sad that it's that way, but I think our efforts are better spent tactfully educating westerners that come to our board. one by one.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter