View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk View Post
I understand that, but if these dogs escape euthansia and they get rehomed, a complete assignment of the dogs health and temperment needs to be done. Who wants to be responsible for rehoming these dogs and having them bite or worst kill someone again?
I'm not saying whether or not they should be euthanised. One dog killed the infant under very particular circumstances. Even veterinary behaviorists that were interviewed said that it's unusual but one doesn't leave babies unattended with dogs because this is exactly what can happen. In a specific environment and with training, it will never happen again. According to statements made, this dog is not aggressive, she was acting upon instinct in a very particular environment. How many of us can say with certainty that our dogs wouldn't do the same?

So, can they be re-homed safely? Again, in the right environment, yes. Who's willing to take the responsibility? I can't answer that, I don't know any (if any) professionals involved. If it were up to me, I'd have the moronic owner made to work and pay for their care and training, however long it takes. Why should there be more lives lost because of this idiot?