View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Sorry I am off topic, but are you feeding your dog shark cartilage for arthritis or joint disease or just as a dietary supplement? Are you aware of how many sharks die a slow, painful, and cruel death just for the harvesting of their fins? Are you aware of the practise involved in harvesting the cartilage? It is a very disgusting, inhumane, and barbaric practise. The sharks have their fins cut off while they are alive, and thrown back into the ocean to die a slow painful death. There are many products on the market that you could use instead of shark cartilage, I would urge you (as an obvious animal lover) to reconsider the purchase of shark cartilage. I know your concerns obviously lie in helping your dog's continence at this time, and I would ask you to please take a look at alternative supplements when you have resolved the incontinence troubles.

In the meantime, I hope you can find some answers for your dog's incontinence. Sending and

Quote:
About 100 million sharks are killed each year by humans. Over the past 15 years we've depleted some shark populations by 80 to 90 percent, leaving great whites, hammerheads, and many others on the brink of extinction.

Sharks are being hunted because one pound of dried shark fin can be sold for as much as $300, as it is considered a delicacy by some Asian populations. Others feel sharks are dangerous and should be killed, and some people like the "sport" of catching sharks. Another threat to sharks is they can be accidentally caught by longline fishing, which also catches dolphins, swordfish, and many other marine animals.

Shark cartilage has been touted as a cancer cure, often due to the inaccurate belief that sharks are immune to cancer, but there is no conclusive evidence that shark cartilage can treat cancers. Others believe that shark cartilage can help treat arthritis, but the jury is out on this one.
http://www.naturallysavvy.com/east-m...elly-harvested

Last edited by Myka; May 20th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.