View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2010, 06:58 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Hobo has Vestibular Disease...can't/won't eat :(

Wow, I remember when Ginger had this 2.5yrs ago and again this time I have spoken to people who have had dogs all their lives and have never heard of this. I have had two dogs in my life and both have had it

This is an awful thing to watch...poor little pooch's crooked head, bouncing eyes, swaying back and forth, falling over when he shakes.

He has not eaten since Thursday but is managing to drink water and actually keep some down. Last night he finally started fighting back when I was trying to pill him his Gravol...that is much more his personalitly I started giving him some squirts of Pedialyte just to keep his electrolytes steady.

He sleeps a lot and can't sit up for very long and is very unsteady when he walks. I am hoping that in the next 24hrs he will actually start eating again. I believe he is hungry but when you bring the food to his mouth he turns his head away, as if the smell alone makes him nauseous.

We are encouraged as Ginger did have this too and despite having a very acute case did come back from it so we are hoping and praying that Hobo will come around too.
Attached Images

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!