View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
I saw in another thread Growler recommended Earth Organics or Heinz baby food butternut squash. I'm thinking maybe adding a jar to their food two times a week will help all of them.
If you choose to go with the babyfood butternut squash the Earth Organics or Heinz Organics, you only need 1/4 tsp to start per cat twice a day, slowly increase incrementally by 1/4 tsps until desired results. As LP mentions, freeze desired amount in ice cube trays then dump into freezer bags as in the jar it will only last 3-4 days once opened.

Personally I wouldn't use psyillum with a cat as Duffy had an adverse reaction -severe constipation- to rawfood that had it added in (of course it most likely was because it was in duck which we now know she reacts severely to).

Slippery Elm Bark must be given with sufficient water to be effective, again I would start with 1/8 - 1/4 tsp SEB with at least 1.5 tsp water. SEB must be given at least 1 hour before or after medications as it can disrupt the absorption of the meds, ideally given on an empty stomach. Duffy's homeopath & homeopathic vet cautioned it is a herb so not really ideal to give on a daily basis for long periods of time.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying