View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilington1 View Post
I wouldn't worry about any harm from this homeopathic "remedy". Although you are correct to say that onions can harm dogs, the "remedy" he is suggesting is in a concentration of parts per billion. It would be no more harmful than your dog drinking some water, actually the effects would be identical because that's precisely what he would be doing. There is no proof that homeopathic remedies (why would the call it a remedy and not medicine, hmmmm......) have any efficacy beyond placebo in humans (how effective do you think placebo is in dogs?)

The sad thing is, some people might take this guy's advice instead of taking him to the FREAKING VET!

I think some vets prescribe homeopathic remedies to pet owners to try and pry some more of your hard earned money and some actually believe in that crap. Either way, time to find a new vet.
Welcome to the Board. You might want to ease up a bit on the complete dismissal 'tude tho ~ some of us happen to think quite alot of therapeutic interventions which lie outside the Western medicine model. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and we welcome a good discussion but, we do make an effort not to educate and inform rather than tell folks their ideas are "crap". No harm done ~ I look forward to hearing more about your ideas and opinions about different treatment options available to animals.