View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM

like a miracle cure for our cat!

My one year old Bengal cat had terrible lick wounds on the back of both legs, diagnosed as feline granuloma and we tried everything the vet suggested (steroids, ointments, blood tests, special foods, etc.) plus things recommended online such as a raw diet and herbal treatments. Nothing seemed to help, however. After months of worsening symptoms, we wondered if we could continue putting him through the terrible discomfort he was in---obviously itchy but prevented from licking and scratching because of the e-collar, he became so different, no longer playful or happy. He wore the horrible stiff plastic e-collar (we tried baby jumpers, socks and inner tubes but he managed to get around them all!) for over 4 months before we finally got in to see a veterinary dermatologist. He didn't know what would work for certain but one thing he sent us home with was the Hill's Z/D canned food (which others on this forum have dismissed). We started him on the new food with no great hopes. Within 2 days, however, we noticed he didn't seem as itchy and was suddenly full of energy and playfulness. We couldn't believe the change within a week and when we started to allow him some supervised time without the e-collar, he just licked normally. Now, after a month on the Z/D food, he is fully back to normal----such a relief after going through so much!! I only wish we tried this food sooner---I am not in any way promoting this food as an answer to all cat granulomas but it has been like a miracle for us---it was clearly a food allergy and perhaps we will try other food down the road but we will certainly stay on it for now and recommend that others try this food along with other suggestions. Good luck to all with this very frustrating problem.
Attached Images