Originally Posted by cassiek
No worries, I haven't fed any of the steelhead fillet I bought!
I will toss it asap.
I do have one question though... the article talks about salmon poisoning disease... isn't steelhead trout? Sorry, I'm not much of a fish eater myself, so I don't know?
You don't have to toss it ....it is fine for you to eat or even cats if you have them. The parasite only affects dogs for some reason.
Steelhead are an anadromous fish which means they are in the ocean but travel up rivers/streams to spawn. They are called trout when they are in rivers but salmon when they are in the ocean.