View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Thanks Sugarcatmom-I will look up that info. Canned cat food here (imported) is slim pickings. I'll scour the import stores of Bangkok and see what I can come up with.

So the glucose in the urine could be from infection??? Seriously? This is one of the things the doc is using to bet on kidney failure...yes, the glucose in the urine was from a week ago. Same with the elevated glucose in the blood draw. Tonight the doc took a dab of blood (Mikey fasted today) and put it in the little glucose strip reader. He said anything over 300 was a worry, Mikey's was 130. Next week when we do the blood draw I said to do a full panel of tests-just test for everything. The doc is going to do a fructosamine test then, to be absolutely sure diabetes is not a problem.

Finally we got him to pee (whew, that took a lot of eye droppers of water!). My husband just ran the urine in to the doc and called with the results. I'm taking this as good news: there is still an infection, but it's getting better. We have to send off for the blood cell counts in the urine so wait on that for two days...
The USG was up to 1.030
Leuco 3+
pH 6
Protein 1+
Glucose 1+
All else is negative or normal
Glucose down to 1.5-2

He still won't eat the K/D, so we'll try again in the morning and if not chicken breast it is. I'll try a new recipe with chicken breast, small amt of sweet potatoes and broccoli tomorrow with the added supplements and see if he'll go for that.

For the first time in a week I'm hopeful that he'll recover and the vet is wrong about the kidney failure. It helps that Mikey just crawled up on me purring too!