View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
The way i see it, we have immune systems for a reason. I choose to let mine do what it is there for.
I was exposed to H1N1 3 times for certain and never got anything, if you're healthy , excercise, and eat well, there is no reason to worry about any flu.

My thoughts exactly. If you don't get your flu shot every year, there really isn't a reason to get the H1N1 shot this year... especially considering the fact that it is very new and not that well tested.

After pubicizing the deaths caused by H1N1, the news turned around and said they all had "underlying conditions" that complicated things. They scared the crap out of us and then said, "oh wait, it's not THAT bad... don't panic."

I think if the pros outweigh the cons for you, then get it. If you work in a school or around children for any reason, then get it... but only if the ingredients aren't harmful to you personally (such as MSG in my case). If you are in good health (not even great health... just not bad) and generally don't get the seasonal flu, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've just been spraying Lysol around the house. That's enough for me. No germies here!

The Maine Coon Mafia (litter mates)
Casey - Male Maine Coon, 3 years
Mak - Male Maine Coon, 3 years

The abandoned newcomer: Linus - Male Tabby, 1 year
Minnie - Female Tortie, RIP 9/3/93-8/18/09 (In Heaven, but never far from our hearts)

The Pooches... Best friends for life.
Miko - Male Chi/Terrier mix, 2 years
Mansa - Male Pit Bull, 1 year