Originally Posted by mikischo
I'm so sorry there is no better news and they still haven't found the cause of Timmy's anemia.:sad:
In the blood test results you posted on your other thread, his hematocrit was 21%. What is it now? As far as blood transfusions go, they are quite commonly done for cats and dogs and considered to be quite safe. I agree that it could make him feel stronger and buy some time until they hopefully come up with some better answers.
Here is another comprehensive website you may not have seen about anemia in cats:
Whatever you decide and whatever happens, you know we are here for you.
Timmy is indeed a tough boy.
that things still get better for him.
thanks... the articles on petplace have actually been quite helpful to me. I think I am going to go ahead and ask for a transfusion for him. I don't know what his last CBC revealed. The results were directly sent to his vet and he really only told me it was bad news but didn't say what the actual counts were.
If his vet wants to go ahead and do the biopsy I want to do it on the terms that he can get a transfusion too (if that is appropriate in this case) because if he is already going to be sedated I don't want it to be for nothing. I'd atleast like to make him comfortable even if there is nothing else we can do.