Awww Kathryn, what a horrible decision to have to make.
I will tell you what I would be doing. The same thing you are as far as making the final decision. But given his family history with at least one other sibling dying and him getting weaker I would think you have to make the decision soon. It would not be fair to Timmy to make him suffer for any longer. At some point we have to figure out if we are keeping the pet alive for them or for us. As bad as this sounds we have to think with our head, not our heart.
for giving Timmy a fighting chance. :sad: