Thread: Dog aggression
View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:56 AM

I agree a second opinion is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossoqueen View Post
I asked if they thought this was because of him being attacked and he would bite out of fear? The trainer told me no, that they thought it was just out of being dominant and aggressive and that they weren't sure if they could correct this with him.
Several years ago I had a dog who, with his previous owners, was attacked as a puppy and after that only liked a few other dogs, he would react "aggressively" towards most other dogs when walking. I do believe most of this came as a result of being attacked & poor socialization as a puppy. He was the only dog I had at the time & so I avoided all dog parks and areas frequented by alot of dogs/dogs off leash. His reactions were more mild than your dogs (only minor barking in the car etc) and it was fairly easy to use some distractions or getting him to quickly move past the other dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossoqueen View Post
Jack has been through so much already. I don't want to take him to the humane society because I couldn't do anything for him.
If you did take him to the HS/SPCA he likely would be euthanized if he displayed any of this behaviour.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying