View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
There is no charge normally, BUT if a donation is offered, a rescue may be more inclined to help in order to offset the expense of the dog being surrendered.

I never ask for a donation, but I do hint that there is a financial requirement. 1 out of 10 will donate.
the one I work with in Ottawa also doesn't charge, often times not even a donation is hinted at nor requested, that said, I never rescue a dog to hand over to them without giving them money, my last was my sisters pet store dog (maybe now she'll listen to me) I paid to have the pup spayed at the rescue. please allow a rescue to take your pup, I know where you're coming from, your first responsibility is to your children and their friends and its a horrible feeling not being able to stop your dog from going after them, I lived like that for 14 yrs with a beagle that hated children, the dog suffered for it and so did the children by not being able to play with their own dog. back then there were no "trainers" "behavioralist" on every corner, that was unheard of, instead we lived in a vacume rarely having friends over with kids in "case", and my home was a series of baby gates (6 to be exact) which daily I would shift around to allow the dog to have access to different rooms during the day while keeping my children and their friends safe.

Last edited by Melinda; October 6th, 2009 at 05:15 AM.