View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:53 PM

Hi My Friends,

Again, sorry for my lack of communication.

We're on vacation right now in Myrtle Beach and my sister is taking care of the cats.

She called us tonight and said Howie has taken a turn for the worse. He eats and then has diarrhea almost immediately. At the same time he's meowing loudly. Sadly, we've made the decision to let our boy go, to ease his pain. My sister will be taking him to the vet tomorrow. I just wish we were there to say goodbye our wonderful friend and companion. He is a great cat and we'll all miss him dearly.

You've all helped me through the past four months and I just want to say how much I appreciate it! It's been a long road and I don't know what I'd have done without your support! I feel badly that I haven't contributed to helping others on this site recently, but losing three cats within four months has been difficult. Even though they were in their 20's and Howie almost 15, doesn't make it any easier.

On a bit of a bright note, we've noticed a beautiful grey and white cat in our yard. My hubby, the softy, has been feeding him and giving him water for about a month now. Each day he gets closer and closer. We gave my sister instructions to be sure to feed this kitty while we're away. I have a feeling we're going to getting a new addition to our cat family. We've check around and no one is claiming him. When a door closes a window opens. Maybe this was meant to be.

Again, thank you again and when I start to heal a bit more, I'll be back here trying to help out.

“The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different.”—Hippocrates