View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Love4Himies, no one has yet called to let me know what they think Teeka and her littermates may have ingested, just that they toxins are the problem. Apparently one of the other kittens that had been adopted out was taken to the clinic yesterday after showing similiar signs. I'm sure they will be doing further tests today now that Teeka is under their care and hopefully getting her strength back. I'll let you know what I find out.

About half an hour ago I got into a little disagreement over the phone with the original adoption coordinator from this rescue over the fact that I only just found out the rescue decided to place the kittens so quickly which we found out from one of their rescue volunteers. They didn't even have time to get their first shots, which we had knowledge of when we adopted Teeka but it had been implied to us that the kittens had been in vet care and had been given a clean bill of health. My husband is starting to want to take this situation to the local papers, but I'm trying to hold him off. I really don't want to do that. :sad: It's a tough situation for everyone involved all around, including the other adoptive families that took the other remaining kittens, and I know the rescue is trying to do the right thing.

Thanks for telling me about your experience, it's comforting to know someone else has gone thru this same thing and it turned out fine!

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)