View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastifflover View Post
Buddy had chronic ear infections my vet finally found the magic one for him and it is not cheap but it worked better than anyone that we had tried previously. He was on Baytril drops and Baytril tablets and within 2 days of starting them I was able to touch his ears and the head shaking was down to a minimum. Buddy did have surgery on his ears to clean them out because there was guck so far in the canals that it was just a breeding ground for infections. By the way I did not let his ears get like this he had this problem when I adopted him but the surgery really made a difference. He would still get infections but not often, but I had to be diligent about keeping them clea. I did try the homeopathy way but with the severity of the infections it did not work he needed antibiotics
Kato has been on a few antibiotics, to no avail. I have always been dilligent about my pets hygene, including cleaning their ears. Why Kato's ears are so severe I can't figure out.
I am going to ask about this Baytril you mention, I don't think we've had that one yet. If he needs to have a surgery then so be it, I will pay anything to have my baby boy happy and healthy and comfortable.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)