View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
Tired dogs are good dogs!

He needs to have some energy drained and on a daily basis, this boy sounds as though he is bored out of his mind.

I stand firm that mostly all behaviour problems dogs have is due to owner error, that was the case with my Meiko, he is not wiired wrong, we did things wrong with him this causing bad behaviours.

Have you done just plain obedience training with him? Dogs not excercised regularly will lunge, pull, bark at other dogs ect...
He gets plenty of exercise. Since he has a problem with small dogs we don't go to the park but we go to my sisters farm and let him run and play with her shepherds every morning for about 3 hrs. then he gets playtime in our backyard in the afternoon plus my husband takes him for a 1 1/2 walk at 10:00 pm because there are no kids out. We have the same problem in obedience class because there is a mix of small and big dogs so we did private classes but still dislikes kids and small dogs. We are still in private classes with our 3rd trainer.The humane society told us he had a little problem with kids until he gets to know them. I wasn't to concerned because I don't have kids. When I happened to "meet" someone from another forum that knows Jasper we were able to connect with the previous owner and ask questions. I will try and find the email I got from her and post it.