View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Ha BenMax, you know I couldn't resist this one! I also apologize as I can't post a link to the original video, because it was taken down by the person that owned it. It was originally posted on youtube. Then a bunch of people started flaming Brad, and she took it down because that wasn't her intent in posting it. Then someone had copied it by then, made the adjustments, and yes, added some sound effects. If I remember correctly, in the original, you could hear something when the correction was made, but in this one, if this makes sense, it sounds like the volume was increased a bit at the point the correction was made so it's amplified above everything else. The dog (husky type I think) nearby was also whining and that seemed very loud as well. I wasn't there, so I can only say what the original owner had said about it. The person shooting the video is now involved with youtube and working through some copyright infringment issues, as well as Brad being involved with legal action against the user who keeps posting it everywhere to incite the masses to flame Brad. He's been an issue on Brad's website, as well as others (including this one). Benmax, I think I had discussed that specific user with you privately. Something else that may surprise you is that facial corrections aren't that common in class with Brad. In the 5-6 months that we were in classes with him (2 months of training, then we chose to come back to most of the classes at a reduced rate after that to get our dog more socialization), we saw him do a facial correction....twice I believe. Once was when a dog instigated a fight with another dog, and the other was a dog that wouldn't break it's focus from barking constantly. He always gives you other tools to train, and shows you how to do the corrections properly if you need to. He even gets into an in depth discussion about how to properly massage a dog's chest as a reward, yet no one posts that video of course.

Hehe and as for Brad and pushups....when in class with him, sometimes he'll address a question to the class. Like any teacher, he wants the class to participate. If no one answers right away, he says, alrighty, 10 pushups everyone....then he asks the question again, and guess what, people answer, and everyone has a good laugh. People assume he's this drill sergeant or something, when really he's just an energetic person, who encourages positive thinking. He gets frustrated with people that don't put the time and energy into their dogs. In the video when it looks like he's walking away at the end, he's in the middle of an outdoor seminar/class, so he's not walking away, I'm guessing right after that they started jogging in that direction or something and then tried a different exercise. Keep in mind that you're seeing 30 seconds of a 2-3 hour training class/group walk.

So by now you can tell that I am a Brad advocate, but I also want you to all understand that I am open to other types of training and think there's no shortage to what I can learn about dog behaviour. I'm not some mindless Brad follower that thinks he walks on water. But I do support him for sure, I just wish everyone would be willing to get to know that part of him instead of focusing on the one thing that you don't agree with. Everyone always likes to jump on the Brad bashing wagon because it's easy to do, yet not many seem to want to really ask questions about something. A few here have, I'll give you that, and I appreciate not being run out of town (yet ). Thanks for listening everyone!