View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Compromised account

Hi all,

I avoided this thread as I was still reading...Well, last night at 1:30 am, I finally finished the 7th book.

(I am a little behind the rest of the world, as I was getting the whole 7 books together as a set and wanted to read them together.)

Although the finale was a bitter-sweet one, with so many loved characters dying, and such an emotional turmoil, I absolutely loved every paragraph. In fact, I have to say, that Harry Potter series is by far one of the best written pieces I have read in my life. It is right up there, on the top shelf, with my beloved Jane Eyre, Gone with the Wind, Arthur Conan Doyle and other all-time classics I love and cherish and re-read every so often. I think that Ms. Rowling deserves every penny and every word of praise she receives and I feel enriched having read her work.

I think the most emotional part of the book for me was when Harry was walking toward his death, of his own free will, knowing what he knew. And when his parents and Sirius and Lupin showed up - that was just heartwrenching.

I also have to say that I feel sorry for people who don't read. For me, its an inseprarable part of me. I only hope that my future children are as passionate about reading as I am.