For those of you who know me, it hasn't been a good past couple of months for our precious pets.
Our 21 year old cat, Kitty, had her front, left leg amputated 7 years ago due to cancer and sadly it's returned with a vengeance. Her back left leg has a large tumor on it and it's starting to effect her walking. Recently a tumor behind her eye left has appeared and she can no longer open it. We took her to the vet today and the vet felt that she's in pain. I feel we should let her go as soon as possible because she's just not comfortable but my hubby, bless his heart, just can't do it yet. He wants more time to say goodbye and wants to wait until next Thursday. My husband doesn't think she's in that much pain because she's not crying out and is still eating and walking.
How do you know when it's time in this situation? I'd like to honor my husband wishes, especially since he wants to be the one to take her but I'd hate for Kitty to be in pain.
Thanks so much.