View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Okay...yet another mystery. How do I backup my email separately? I hate the way Vista wants to do it all for you--but then I have no idea where something might be on the backup disks.

In XP, I could go out to the store file for email and copy the account information, the contacts and the actual emails to an Email Backup file, which I then copied out to a backup CD. Can I do that in Vista?

I tried using the Backup function of Vista and just selected the email files, but then I had to put only those files on the CD. That's sort of a waste of space. (I used to put email backup, and a couple other large folder backups on the same CD.) Is there some way I can make a copy of the Windows Mail store file and put that out to a CD with copies of those other large folders?

Or is it just easier to let Vista do the whole backup routine by itself? If you do that, can you go to the back up disks and easily find the files you need to restore if you only need one or two files and don't want to restore everything?

Sigh....I'm getting used to life with Vista, but it sure ain't the best use of my time

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."