View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Molly's mama

just unwinding after a BUSY 2 hr visit with Sassy!!! I was allowed to take her for a couple hours, so we went to the baseball diamond and I let them run around off leash there. They kinda did their own thing... Molly chased her ball around and Sassy just sniffed around. They ran and played a bit together. Then we came back to my place and pretty much as soon as we got in the door, a fight happened. I had to pull them off of each other. Then they chased each other around the apt for the next hour and I had to pull them off each other about 3 more times. They are almost TOO similar- neither one would back down! But then 2 seconds later they were back to jumping and chasing each other around playfully. I was hoping to see them settle down somewhat but that didn't happen! busy busy busy!
So now I am just not sure about it all. Sassy is very sweet, but maybe they are too alike, or maybe I need to give it more time. I REALLY could use some advice here seeing as I have never owned more than 1 dog at a time. Will they ever just settle down with each other or will it be high energy like this all the time!? And how long before the all out fights stop? (as in I have to intervene and pull them apart before one of them gets hurt)
I just REALLY want to make sure I am making the right decision here. Luckily, the Bylaw Officer is a really great lady who is ok with me taking it slowly, and having more playdates before I decide.
I need some input here- what are your experiences with introducing 2 high energy dogs???
oh- and pics to follow... I am just scarfing back some dinner first!!!
THANKS EVERYONE!