View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorsMom View Post
Just a thought, I have a book for 101 uses for vinegar, and it suggest putting a couple of tbsps of vinegar in the water. However they suggest you start gradually with a tsp 1 wk, then 2tsp, then a tbsp etc... This balances out the acidity in the urine and saves the grass. I also heard that only female urine burns the grass. But this time of year it's hard to tell if it's actuallty dead too. You could try thatching the grass, and it may come back. We had to thatch everyyear when roxy was alive (rest in peace), and generally aside from isolated little spots that were her ALL time favorite, the grass came back. Hope this helps.
WOW vinegar---go figure I wonder if it would be safe to mix the vinegar with miracle grow in the same container while watering - humph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorsMom View Post
Just another thought I wrote my last response and then went out the front of the house for a smoke and looked at my own grass it looks very much like yours as it does every year, and no animals pee out there! The reason our grass looks like this pretty much over the entire acre and a half is becuase this town is basically built on sand, so my other thought to you is that maybe just MAYBE the PH balance in your soil is not high enough or too high, and watering with some miracle grow might help!
I have a soil testing kit that I always use in my rose beds. I think I will sample the soil in this area to see what it comes up with before adding vinegar or more lime

Thanks MajorsMom and everyone else at that for these great ideas--it has really helped with tackling this area and will post after shots if all turns out well.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)