View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
What about the newspaper litter, Yesterday's News? Is that stuff any good?
I like it (the softer textured one - without any added scent). I mix about half Yesterday's News with half pine pellets. Never had a problem with odours, and I keep the litter boxes on the main floor, but I only have one cat. I'm a fanatic scooper, every time I see something in there I scoop it and put it in a biodegradable bag which then goes in the garbage. You could also put it in a composter as long as you don't use the compost for a vegetable garden. I completely change out the litter about once a month.

Not all cats go for the pellet texture. My guy prefers it, I think because with the clumping litters, he used to get pee on his feet when he was urinating tons from unregulated diabetes. It's a good idea to either very slowing mix new litter with old when transitioning, or else offer a buffet of litters in a few different boxes and see if your cat consistently picks one over the others.

Good luck!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler