View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Ya, the numbers on the cans are "guaranteed analysis" which is a max/min scenario and not a true representation of the protein/fat/carb ratio. You have to get the "as fed" values directly from the manufacturer (and some of them are completely unwilling to part with this info , but Wellness is pretty good about it) and then for comparison purposes, convert the numbers to a percentage of calories. Someone on the feline diabetes message board (thanks Stephanie!) recently evaluated the numbers (cause diabetic cat owners are quite obsessed with the carb content of the food they feed) and came up with this:

Which puts it pretty much in line with the rest of their flavours. Basically, "new and improved" is usually more hype than fact. Not that it isn't a decent food to have in one's rotation. Now if only they hadn't put that darn potato in there, we'd be rockin!
I hear ya, that is why I like Nature's Variety, no reason to have potato.

It actually states on their can that Core has a higher protein value, I didn't do the calculation myself. I do have a can of the fish one too, I have that as a treat for Puddles, so I will check what that can says too.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey