Thread: Coyote and TAS
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Actually, I'm agreeing with you. I don't condone shooting this coyote, merely commenting on what method, imo, would be more humane if it were done Nowhere did I say it should be done.

Now, if the animal were out at an unusual (for a coyote) time of day and displaying abnormal behavior, it would be a different story. Around here, coyotes and racoons have been known to contract rabies and the authorities monitor the populations as closely as possible.

And I did offer some solutions--better supervision, better fencing, etc. It is up to the humans to make the solution work when problems occur.

However, one thing that continues to pop up is the idea that humans are necessarily moving in on traditional coyote territory. This isn't strictly true. Coyote ranges have been expanding into new areas, including into cities, in recent years, and this also creates problems.

Regardless, the solutions are the same.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."