Well, I did. My first attempt at making home made dog treats. I figured that I've spent so much time and effort researching the best food for my boys, that I should make sure they're getting the best treats too, right?
So after lots of searching, I found this recipe. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of salmon to begin with, and after the smell carried through my entire house.... EEEWWWW!
HOWEVER, the puppies absolutely LOVED them!
So here's the recipe. I got close to a hundred little cookies out of this. Enjoy!
Wheat-free Salmon Treats
• 18 oz. (510g) can salmon with juice (source of omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat)
• ½ cup chopped fresh parsley (for fresh breath)
• 3 eggs, shells included (shells are a good source of calcium)
• ½ cup sesame seeds ground in coffee grinder (source of calcium, protein, B vitamins and fatty acids)
• ½ cup flax seeds ground in coffee grinder (helps stimulate the immune system and a source of fatty acids)
• 2 cups potato flour (grain free)
• ¼ cup of milk to moisten (if necessary)
Put the first five ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pour into a large mixing bowl and slowly add flour (and milk). Mix well until it is the consistency of cookie batter.
Either roll into small balls and flatten, or cut into cookie cutter shapes, and place on cookie sheet. Bake in a 375º oven for about 20-25 minutes. You can make them as soft or as hard as you want.
Store in the fridge