View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjoejoe View Post
I won't go on a long rant about the Do Not Call list, but I will say that I was part of the early discussions in the development of the National Do Not Call List in Canada, so I'm well informed. I will say that the list does not work and it is a huge waste of tax payer money.

Think about it. You give your number to the DNCL. They in turn send your number to ALL call centres and tell them don't use this. Can they all be so trusting? I can set up a fake company (not using my real name), pay the fee to CRTC and get the DNCL. Now I can scam specifically those people, by saying I'm the CRTC and part of being on the DNCL, I will need some more information from you... like your name, address, social #, drivers license, etc to validate that I am talking to the correct person. Don't worry, we are part of the Canadian Government, your information is secure with us. Bam! I just stole your identity!
Looks like Global News did a story on it. Nice to see that I'm not crazy... and my rants do have merit... occasionally

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/ont...tml?id=1176350