View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
hazelrunpack's Avatar
hazelrunpack hazelrunpack is offline
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Just east of the Hazelnut Patch, Wisconsin
Posts: 52,418
Unfortunately, louisetara, if the vet gets lucky with a collection of cells, yes they can definitely diagnose this :sad: Did you get a copy of the lab report? If you have any doubts at all, ask for a copy and take it to another vet for a second opinion.

I know this is so hard for you. But try to stay strong. Your girl is going to be confused by your sorrow now. You'll have time to grieve later--right now you need to help your girl live her last few days. Spoil her rotten and spend as much time with her as you can. You can afford to wait a few days if you want the second opinion, but move quickly so you can make your decision, whichever way you decide. Time is probably not going to be on your side here. :sad:

Does she seem to be in much pain? NSAIDs can be prescribed by your vet and are very helpful in pain management. Just remember to give them to her with food because they're hard on the stomach.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is such a shock when you get a diagnosis like this. It takes some time to wrap your mind around it. So listen to your heart, too, and listen to what your girl tells you. If you make a decision in love and with the interest of the dog, you can't go wrong.

Best wishes, Louise. Please keep us posted.
"We are--each of us--dying; it's how we live in the meantime that makes the difference."

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Reply With Quote