View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Pet Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I remember visiting Alberta ranch-country(Pincher Creek area) many years ago,I hated it,because of the way the animals were treated,be it livestock or family pets.
They had a beautiful brown Doberman,whom the father decided he was a no good dog,led him out back and shot him,I was in shock,could not believe it.
I know Alberta,is not alone in this,but it's the first time I ever experienced such a total disregard for an animals life:sad:
Please don't judge all of Alberta because of one person. I have many farming relatives, and none of them would ever do that to an animal. One of my aunts actually rounded up her barn cats and took them in to be fixed because she couldn't stand the thought of killing the kittens (my uncle had often drowned them when there was too many). The same aunt put her german shepherd through 2 surgeries in an attempt to cure him of bowel cancer. In the end, he needed to be euthanized (and he was euthanized, not taken out back and shot), and he was buried in the yard. A different aunt had a big yellow lab that she built a special dog house for because the dog had a problem with her neck and couldn't 'duck' to get into the door of a regular dog house. Though neither of these dogs that I've mentioned were 'pets' (they were farm dogs and did not go in the house), they were very much loved and taken care of.

In any group of people, in any province, in any country, there are going to be a few who are just ignorant. Please don't judge all of Alberta on the actions of a few (or any other group of people for that matter).

I'm not insulted or anything, just frustrated with the whole situation with Daniel and the law and everything else and I just don't want you or anyone else to walk away from this thinking "all Albertans are mental" or something.

Anyhow... thanks again for everything.
Melissa

"If you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet."