Thread: Tummy trouble
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
For Molly and a safe drive home
4 hours to a vet,that's incredible+hotel,I wish I could send you one of our vets,we seem to have a vet in every street-corner.
Please, please, please send one!!!!

Thanks for all the prayers.... I think we're gonna need them.

I've had to leave Molly at the vets i'm sitting here in the parking lot of the motel crying cause i'm scared to death.
The vet is "quite concerned" cause she's lost a lot of muscle mass (how could I not notice ) and she felt a "mass" in her tummy :sad: and she's quite pale (gums I guess) :sad:
So, x-rays and blood work it is... at first they didn't want to do blood work, just the x-rays and I got her (the vet) to reconsider.

My poooooooor baby :sad:
I can't believe there may have been something I could have caught a month ago and didn't (I thought her not great eating which has been a battle for a while was just her being picky cause we were trying to switch to new food). I had her in at the vet about a month ago but she wasn't worried and I didn't press for more testing/checking. If this is something bad i'm never going to forgive myself

So... I'll give the vet a call at lunch time and drop by and see my girl (I think they are less busy in the office when all the Dr.s are out for lunch) otherwise it might not be until early afternoon (3pm) before I hear anything. What a HORRIBLE day.

My boss was also not happy with my phone call this morning but, phooooooooooooooooooey on work My baby is sick and that's all that matters to me. Give me a break

Plus.... 10 more cm's of snow coming down.
Shoot me now!

I'll try and update again if I can find free wifi somewhere in town later.

Please and 's for Miss Molly

Thanks everyone
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)