View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmycan View Post
if it is not an illness, not that he just likes drinking either, what is it? how can a dog drink half of his total weight in one day?
If all the physical tests are coming back normal, could it be behavioral? We have a dog that will drink just for the sake of drinking. All the tests came back normal. So we manage it by letting him take as much as he wants during the day, and limiting his access to water after his evening meals (one small bowl and that's it). During the day he can go out as often as he needs to, but we're once again sleeping through the night! Ask your vet if he thinks a schedule like that might be helpful for Timmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches&Dozer View Post
unfortunatly lately her insulin levels are off much more often, and she is going blind, but she makes it very clear that she is not ready to go yet. I am hoping that someone might have some advise. I'm not ready to loose my best friend.
Patches&Dozer, this being such an old thread, you might want to start a new thread in the health forum. More people will see it. Use a descriptive title that mentions insulin levels and diabetes There are quite a few members who have been managing their pets' diabetes for years and I'm sure there will be more than one with some advice!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."