View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Hi Kandy,

Well interestingly enough, when we first brought her into the vet with a minor limp, the vet gave her an anti inflammatory to see if that would help. It didn't and it got worse, so we brought her back into the vet. The second time we brought her in, our dog (sienna) didn't have her pill, and the vet took xrays and saw no sign of inflammation. Not sure if that is due to the pills that she had been on for the 4 days before hand. She noticed nothing else wrong with the leg.

Sienna doesn't seem to be in any pain, and the vet was able to move her leg all around, and even checked it when they sedated her for the xray and didn't notice anything wrong.

She then checked her reflexes, and noticed none in her back leg. It wasn't until we took her to the neurologist and they did the one test (I forget what it is called) but it checks her reflexes, and they noticed virtually none in her back leg, and that her front was weakened.

I don't think they did an xray of the spine, and not sure if that is abnormal. It is one question that I will ask tomorrow when we go in.