View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodster View Post
Everyone in this house has eaten wet food and actually prefer it to dry. Although we have some nibblers. We are going to talk to the store manager today and if they don't stock it have it ordered...
Awesome! You can leave some canned out for nibbling if you want. That's what I (and many others I know) do. It doesn't spoil nearly as fast as you'd think, but if you're concerned or the weather is really hot, you can also freeze some canned in an ice-cube tray and plop a couple cubes down in your cat's dishes to slowly thaw. That way they'll have fresher stuff to nibble if you're going to be away for the day.

Hopefully if the store orders the Evo for you, you can try a few different flavours. The novel proteins are a good place to start. Stay away from the Evo Cat & Kitten one (it's not one of the 95% meat varieties) because it has way too many ingredients and is also extremely high in phosphorus - which may not be a big deal for young kitties, but if you have an elderly one in your bunch it can be hard on the kidneys.

Quote:
I just don't know if I'm ready to take on the raw diet at this time. With Kody having so many issues and my stress level is off the charts. Think we'll start with the EVO 95%.
That's totally fine and the Evo is a great place to start. It's heads and tails above anything put out by the big pet food companies.

Quote:
At this point we're willing to try anything and cost.....LOL....we've spent so much money on this boy trying to figure out what's going on with him and we've just been spinning our wheels....now in a VERY BIG DITCH and still spinning.
I also know what it's like to spend a boat-load of money on a pet's health condition without resolving the issue. I hope you can get to the bottom of it soon.

Something you might want to have on hand to deal with possible infection in the hot spots is colloidal silver (I like the Sovereign brand). You can make a compress with several drops in a small amount of water (boiled and cooled, or else distilled if you have any on hand). If Kody inadvertantly ingests some, that's okay too.

Aloe vera gel (Lily of the Valley brand - it has no sodium benzoate which is harmful to cats) can also be soothing and help with healing. Some ingestion won't be a big deal, but too much might result in loose stools.

Quote:
I do not vaccinate after 1rst kitten shots.
Yay! Glad to hear it, and you won't get any flack from me on that one.

All the best to you, and I look forward to hearing some updates.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler