View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Agility Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster1985 View Post
Thank you for your great suggestions! I wouldn't say my dog is barking out of boredom; she gets plenty of exercise and stimulation. A one hour power walk/run in the morning that lasts an hour and a walk at night that goes about a half hour. She is never alone here and can go in and our of the house into the fenced in yard at will. The fence barking is really the only issue for the moment and your suggestions of claiming the fence seem to make sense(to me, not the dog!) I'll keep you posted.
For a sporting dog, that is actually not a lot of exercise IMO. Also, since you do not mention mental stimulation, I would wager that part of the problem is boredom.

Freedom to come and go as she pleases (and reward herself with barking/charging) is the problem. She has yet to earn that privilege!

I am surprise that "claiming the fence" makes sense now when in your second post it was something you have already tried unsuccesfully.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works.